Thursday, April 26, 2012

Amateur Art Book-Book Bonanza

I went to a sale last Friday and almost keeled over on overwhelm! It was a HOLY MOLY sale! An old farmhouse that was packed to the gills with stuff!  Friday was the second day that it was open and STILL had tons of stuff left!
  But, what I was so tickled about was -there was an entire room of books! All sorts of books-in good shape and in bad shape....books, books, books.  I spent almost an hour in that room, going through books, but ran out of time. A shame that you have to work, isn't it? So I went down and borrowed a box from them and loaded my finds, paid and off I went to work. Saturday, they did not open until 10:00 am, so I called my sister Katie and off we went to look some more. She needed 38 old books for her son Travis and his fiance Autumn. They are using them somehow in their centerpieces for their wedding in October. She got a boxful and I got a boxful and oh so much fun, looking and admiring all the different books. It takes so little to entertain me! I have been petting my new finds all week:) But, that is what happens when you are a book-aholic!
The book above is a fabulous find! A rare Edwardian Era art book that tells you how to do a bunch of different art projects. I just L-O-V-E the how-to books and articles from the era. What fun they had!

I have it for sale on my Etsy page-sarahsatticstuff. Since tomorrow is Friday, I will be working, all day- making Clam chowder, breading fish, making coleslaw-all for our famous Friday fish fry at Cedar Beach in Belgium! Have a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment